Perry Harley-Davidson, Inc., Michigan's oldest Harley-Davidson® dealership, was founded in 1925 by L.J. "Bun" Perry, father of the present owner, Richard Perry.
It was established on Portage Street between 2nd and Walnut in downtown Kalamazoo. During the 1920s, the motorcycle dealership moved to 551 Portage and in 1951 to 579 Portage; all this time remaining in the same block of Portage Street.
Upon the death of his father in 1962, Richard Perry took over the dealership; becoming its president at the 1975 incorporation of the business.
Substantial additions were made to the Portage Street location in 1970, 1975, and 1996 bringing this facility to its final 8000 square footage.
With an eye on the future and the need to again expand the facility to take care of the needs of our customers, a 10-acre property was purchased in late 1999 and construction was begun on the present 24,000 square foot facility at 5331 S Sprinkle Road. At the Harley-Davidson® Winter Meeting in New Orleans in January of 2000, Richard Perry was awarded a 75-year longevity Plaque by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. This honors Perry Harley-Davidson®, Inc. as one of the oldest Harley-Davidson® dealerships in the United States in continuous operation by the same family. This plaque hangs proudly along with the 25-year plaque awarded to Bun Perry in 1950 and the 50-year plaque awarded to Richard in 1975, in Richard's present office. Perry Harley-Davidson is conveniently located near the areas of Kalamazoo, Portage, Allegan, Otsego, Plainwell, Ross, Battle Creek, and Grand Rapids.